To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com and using the subject “Application Second Engineer”.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Engine Room and takes over the responsibilities of the Chief Engineer in case of serious illness and/or incapability.
- Maintain machinery as per the Planned Maintenance System (AMOS).
- Responsible for carrying out maintenance overhauls and repairs according to AMOS with approval from the Chief Engineer.
- Responsible for marking new spare parts according to AMOS.
- Responsible for performing daily checks of the refrigeration unit of Provision and Air conditioning.
- Responsible for performing daily checks of all operating temperature auto-control valves and the pneumatic controller function and settings.
- Responsible for checking the operation and maintenance of the Main Engine.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all mechanical tools.
- Responsible for the Hydraulic Power Packs in the Engine Room and the Deck Machinery.
Assist in the responsibility for ordering, receiving, safe handling, and storage of Bunkers and Lub Oil, which includes:
- Continuous control with Bunkers and Lub Oil status.
- Sampling of Bunkers and Lub Oil for analysis.
- Ensure Bilge, Garbage and Sewage Management is performed as per regulation.
- Supervise the burning of Solid Waste and Oil Sludge in the Incinerator.
- Responsible for making entries in the Oil Record Book.
- At least one year of experience as a Second Engineer in international trade.
- Experience with MAN B&W ME-C engine and gantry crane is an advantage.